Directions For Use
How much do I need? 1 32oz container will cover one long bed C10 Truck+
Shake well before use.
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and for best results use in a well ventilated area at a temperature between 50° Fahrenheit and 77° Fahrenheit.
- Wash the surface with dish soap and water using a light duty scuff/scouring pad removing as much loose scale, dirt, grit, and oxidation as possible. Rinse thoroughly. Let dry completely. If the surface has previously been coated with any wax or oil type coatings use our Wax & Grease Remover by wetting one rag, wiping on, and drying with another clean dry rag before applying the clear coat.
- Although not required but highly recommended is our Clear Catalyst at a mixing ratio of 8:1 to achieve chemical resistance. (8 parts clear coat to 1 part catalyst). Mixed product will have a two hour pot life at 77 degrees.
Blow off provided applicator before use to get rid of loose fibers.
- After surface is completely dry, with our Wipe On Clear Coat wet a provided applicator in a paint tray for large areas. For small hard to get to areas, wet one of our Recycled Knit Rags and wipe on. DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. Always apply to a small inconspicuous area to test results before going over entire vehicle. Apply to one panel at a time wiping in an even, uniform direction.
- Allow 20-30 minutes for dry to touch and 24 hours for full cure.
- Use acetone or xylene to remove from unwanted surfaces.
- Lay used rags and applicators out flat to dry properly before disposing of, to avoid any spontaneous combustion.
*We recommend spraying instead of wiping over alkyd based paints.*
*This product may also be sprayed using a HVLP spray gun with a 1.4 nozzle at 35 psi*
- Although not required but optional, is our clear catalyst used by mixing with either our matte clear coat or gloss clear coat at a ratio of 8:1 ( 8 parts clear to 1 part catalyst ). This will add chemical resistance to the clear coat protecting it from accidental gas spills etc. Our catalyst is packaged in 8oz containers providing enough product to catalyze two 32oz cans of clear coat
- This product is a pre cleaner used before applying our clear coat. It is used to remove any surface contaminates that may be present. It will remove any wax or oil type coatings that may have been previously applied to your patina surface.
- Simply wet one rag with the wax and grease remover; wipe on and wipe dry immediately with another clean dry rag. Repeat until surface is clean. Allow surface to fully dry before applying clear coat.